This is recipe which I learnt in recent days by trial and error method. I always have the habit of varying/including/excluding any of the ingredients from the original recipe and trying it out as per my wish. A very successful outcome of one such try is this. My dad and husband loved it .
- Idly Rice-1 cup
- Raw rice-2 tbsp
- Toor dhal-1/4 cup
- Moong dhal-1/4 cup
- Channa Dhal-1/4 cup
- Coconut grated-1/4 cup
- Red Chilly-3
- Onion-1/2 cup chopped
- Coriander leaves-1 tbsp finely chopped
- Curry leaves-2 tbsp finely chopped
- Hing-1/2 tbsp
- Ginger- A small piece
- Salt-To taste
- Oil-To cook
- Wash and soak the rice and dhals together for minimum of 5 hours.
- Grind rice,dhals,red chilly,grated coconut,ginger with hing into a coarse paste. The batter has to be thick.So add water accordingly.
- Add salt and set it aside for half an hour.
- Before making dosa,mix onion,coriander and curry leaves and mix the batter well.
- Grease a dosa pan with oil and spread the batter to make adai.
If you wish to have a lighter dosa type adai, add idly rice:raw rice in the ratio of 1:1 and grind the batter slightly in pouring form.(Slightly thicker than dosa batter).
You can also skip adding coconut if you wish have the batter for usage beyond 2 hours.
Coconut chutney is the best combination.
But garlic chutney would be good from health point of view.
Cook by closing one side with a lid and then turning it second side,if you make thick adai.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I am privileged to share them in my page