A very apt dish to have when you suffer from cold/cough/congestion. The dried ginger and pepper used in this will give a huge relief from your suffering instantly. And as it is home made it will definitely have no side effects.
- Tamarind Extract-1/2 cup
- Hing-A pinch
- Turmeric powder-A pinch
- Salt-To taste
- Oil-To cook
To dry roast and grind:
- Dry ginger(sukku)-A small piece
- Red chilly-1
- Toor dhal-1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tbsp
- Urad dhal-1/2 tbsp
- Curry leaves
- Dry roast all ingredients given under “To dry roast and grind”.
- Add little water and grind them into a fine paste.
- In a kadai,add oil and heat it.
- Temper with mustard seeds,urad dhal and curry leaves.
- When tempering is done, saute shallots and garlic.
- When shallots turn soft add hing ,salt and turmeric powder.
- Let it boil.
- Add the paste ground and mix it well.
- Let it boil until shallots and garlic is cooked.
- Now add the tamarind extract and let it boil for five minutes.
- Serve it hot with rice.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I am privileged to share them in my page