I always prefer cooking a dish without adding any ingredient that would alter the basic taste.For example, most recipes of coriander chutney has coconut/onion/tomato added to it.I prefer a recipe which gives you a wholesome taste of the main ingredient.
- Coriander leaves-1 cup(Cleaned)
- Tamarind-A small piece
- Black urad dhal-1/4 tbsp
- Red chilly-2
- Salt-To taste
- Oil-To cook
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal-1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry urad dhal and red chillies.
- Separate them out and saute the coriander until it turns soft.
- In a mixer jar add the above after cooling and grind it by adding tamarind and salt.
- Add little water and grind it into a smooth paste.
- Add tempering elements and serve it with hot idlies.
You can saute the chutney after grinding and store it as dry version to be used for 3 days maximum.
This is an ideal combination with curd rice.
This chutney improves your digestion.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I am privileged to share them in my page