MUSHROOM GRAVY WITH GREEN PEAS
A guest post from a friend/well-wisher whom I met via FB groups. I was amazed by her photography and culinary skills when she first shared her recipe images. She is Archana Karthick, who had recently come up with a venture in newborn, baby and kids photography. Please have a look at her passionate works here at https://www.facebook.com/Dimplesngrins and turn your LO’s precious moments into Magical Memories with Archana.
When I had asked her for a guest post, she readily accepted and said she would share it whenever she attempts cooking mushrooms. One fine day she instantly shared this recipe with me happily stating that it was her first try and it was loved by her kith and kin. Please do try for yourself and let me know how do you like the recipe.
I invite pure vegetarian recipes with mushrooms/soya chunks as guest posts for my blog on account of my 100 th post publishing. I had already extended invite to fellow bloggers,friends and family. Whoever is interested ,please write to me at email@example.com with ingredients,detailed recipe and step by step images(at-least one final image). I will be happy and honoured to post the same in my blog
Please check below the guest recipes and a detailed write up on MUSHROOMS FOR BABIES:
- Mushroom Biriyani
- Kadai Mushroom
- Chettinad Mushroom Gravy
- Mushroom for babies
- Simple Mushroom Gravy
- Multicolour Mushroom Masala
Over to Archana Karthick
- Onion-2 medium sized
- Tomatoes-1 1/2 Chopped
- Button Mushrroms-1 cup
- *Cooked Green Peas-half cup
- Ginger -2 inches piece
- Garlic- 6 cloves
- Coconut-1 tbsp.
- Red chilli powder -1 tsp
- Coriander powder-2 tsp
- Garam masala -half tsp (optional)
- Jeera powder- half tsp
- Pepper powder -half tsp
- Turmeric -a pinch
- Salt-To taste
- Oil-To cook
- Coriander leaves
- Cinnamon-A small piece
- Bay leaf-Half
- Fennel seeds -1/4 tsp
*Cook green peas with a little sugar to retain its colour
**Soak almonds in hot water for 15 minutes and peel them
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions chopped
- Then add ginger, garlic , tomato, Almond one by one and sauté.
- Add all masala powders listed above and sauté till oil separates.
- Switch off the flame and add coconut grated coconut.
- Let it cool for few minutes and grind them.
- Now heat oil again a pan. Put bay leaf, cinnamon and fennel seeds.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add remaining half tomato. Don’t make tomato mushy here. Sauté for half a minute.
- Add the ground paste. Adjust water. I added 1 cup of water.
- Add boiled green peas and get it blended well with gravy.
- Simmer till u arrive at desired gravy consistency.
- Garnish with coriander leaves
Now our Mushroom -green peas in almond tomato gravy is ready to be served.It goes well with Roti, rice and dosa as well
Thanks a lot Archana Karthick for this wonderful recipe. Wish you all the very best in your new venture 🙂
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I am privileged to share them in my page