Cauliflower rice or Gobi rice is an easy to make lunch box recipe. You can make it special or simple with some small variations. This is a simple version given below
Ingredients for Gobi Rice:
- Basmati Rice-1 cup
- Cauliflower Florets-3/4 cup
- Onion-1/2 cup(Chopped length wise)
- Water-1.5 cups or Coconut milk-1 cup(thick)+Water-1/2 cup
- Salt-To taste
- Ghee-To cook
To grind into a smooth paste:
- Tomato-1 small
- Coconut-2 tbsp grated
- Coriander leaves-1/4 cup
- Mint leaves-1/4 cup
- Green chilly-1
- Garlic -7
- Ginger- A small piece
- Bay leaf-1/2
- Cinnamon-A small piece
1.Wash and soak basmati rice in warm water for 20 minutes.
2. Grind all the items into a smooth paste and set it aside.
3. In a pressure pan/Cooker add a spoon of ghee, temper with the above-mentioned items.
4. Saute the paste and then add onions after the raw smell vanishes.
5. In the meantime parboil the cauliflower florets with some turmeric powder.
6. Drain the water and keep it separately.
7. Add the cauliflower florets to the pressure cooker and mix well by adding turmeric powder and salt.
8. Add the soaked rice and mix well.
9. Now add water and cook for 3 whistles.
10.When the pressure is released,carefully fluff with fork.
11. Serve the Gobi/Cauliflower Rice with raitha or gravy of your choice.I served with malai Koftha 🙂
You can add coconut milk and a spoon of cashew paste to make it richer.
Add a handful of chopped coriander leaves after removing the lid(pressure released)
Adjust spices level as per your taste.
Consult with your doctor before offering any new food to baby.
Consider the family history of allergies before introducing any new food to baby
Be sure to have eliminated doubts of allergies of each ingredient before offering this to baby.
Skip salt if the baby is below one year.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I am privileged to share them in my page