I invite pure vegetarian recipes with mushrooms/soya chunks as guest posts for my blog on account of my 100 th post publishing. I had already extended an invite to fellow bloggers,friends and family. Whoever is interested ,please write to me at email@example.com with ingredients,detailed recipe and step by step images(at-least one final image). I will be happy and honoured to post the same in my blog.
Mushroom Manchurian recipe:
Over to Priya!
I am really very happy and excited to write my first guest post to wonderful blogger Kalyani of KITCHEN KATHUKUTTY. Thank you for giving me this opportunity..! When she asked me to do a guest post with a mushroom recipe, I was very joyful and accepted it. Here comes the recipe..!
Mushroom Manchurian is Indo Chinese recipe which is best to accompany with fried rice,noodles,naan or roti. This is very simple and easy to make. Lets look at the steps to make the Manchurian.
Preparation Time : 20 mints | Cooking Time : 30 mints | Serves : 2 – 3
- Oil – For frying
- Mushroom(Cleaned and Sliced) – 1 cup
For batter :
- Cornflour – 4 tbsp
- Maida – 2 tbsp
- Rice flour – 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder / Paprika powder– 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as needed
- Oil – 1 tbspn
- Garlic – 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Spring onions(white part)- 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Spring onions(green part) – 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Big Onion – 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Capsicum – 1/4 cup (chopped into squares)
- Soya sauce – 1/2 tsp
- Tomato sauce / Ketchup – 2 tsp
- Red Chilli sauce – 1/2 tsp
- Cornflour – 1/2 tsp ( diluted with water )
- Black Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
1. Rinse , wipe and slice the mushroom into thin pieces. Take all the ingredients ‘for batter’ in a mixing bowl. Add required water little by little to make the batter. The batter should be slightly thick.
2. Add the sliced mushrooms to the batter and marinate it well. Rest it for 30 mints over the counter top.Heat the oil for deep-frying. Once oil is hot then add the mushrooms.
3. Once the mushrooms are golden brown and crispy. Remove and keep them on paper towel.
4. Heat a tbsp of oil in another pan on medium high flame. Add the garlic and Spring onions(white part) to it. Stir fry them for a minute. Then add the big onions and saute till its turns transparent. Then add the squared capsicum.
5. Saute for 2 – 3 mints. Add the soya sauce and mix well.Then add chilli sauce,tomato sauce and cook in low flame. Also add the cornflour mixture.
6. Mix well and bring the sauce to a boil.Add required salt and pepper powder. Mix well then add fried mushrooms.
7. Toss them to get the sauce to coat well. Then add the spring onions green part, give a quick mix.
Serve hot with any fried rice of your choice…!!
My Notes :
1. Make sure not to saute the veggies for a long time. The veggies need to be crisp.
2. Add the cornflour mixture is optional. This helps to make them saucy.
3. Adding both the big onions and spring onions gives nice taste.
Thank you Priya for your awesome recipe and excellent response.
I invite pure vegetarian recipes with mushrooms/soya chunks as guest posts for my blog on account of my 100 th post publishing. I had already extended invite to fellow bloggers,friends and family. Whoever is interested ,please write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with ingredients,detailed recipe and step by step images(at-least one final image). I will be happy and honoured to post the same in my blog
Please check below the guest recipes and a detailed write-up on MUSHROOMS FOR BABIES:
- Mushroom Biriyani
- Kadai Mushroom
- Chettinad Mushroom Gravy
- Mushroom for babies
- Simple Mushroom Gravy
- Multicolour Mushroom Masala
- Almond mutter mushroom gravy
- Kerala Style Mushroom Thoran
It is better to avoid maida.
This can be offered to babies above 1 year.
Always have a word with your doctor before offering any new food to babies.
Please consider all family history of allergies before trying any new food.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me via mail(email@example.com).