How did you like the whole wheat vegetable noodles recipe? I am eagerly waiting for you to try and share your feedback. We enjoyed it with Gobi Manchurian( Dry version). The moment I said that I know many of you are so eager to know how come I made it as it has maida/all purpose flour which I always omit considering to be unhealthy. Wait for few more seconds to know the replacement I had used. Just like the noodles, Gobi Manchurian was also one of the dishes which I tried during early marriage days and in the recent days, all my attempts were only to make it absolutely healthy. Though it is a matter of few spoons of white flour, I still didn’t want to give up on trying a healthy alternative. I have made so many trials (Every healthy flour on earth) with various flours and the following recipe was definitely great. The outcome was no different from the restaurant style ones and we thoroughly relished the Gobi Manchurian with Whole Wheat Noodles. Some of you are still wondering how come a fried food can be healthy. Fried foods are unhealthy only when consumed very frequently with no limits and when the oil used is refined. Above all, it is healthy or unhealthy depending on your individual health conditions and lifestyle. This is my notion of fried foods consumption. Two to four pieces of Manchurian with a dash of soya sauce consumed once in 5 years (in this case of mine) or once in two months will definitely do no harm. For kids below 6 months, please skip all sauces and salt, sugar in this recipe. If you would prefer making this gobi Manchurian often kindly use a low sodium soy sauce for kids. Use only homemade tomato sauce. I have taken utmost care to keep this Whole Wheat Veg. Noodles recipe and Manchurian recipes as safe and healthy as possible for kids of all age since they are always a showstopper among them. They can be definite treats for them occasionally when you make healthy replacements of the ingredients.
Gobi Manchurian Dry Recipe:
- Cauliflower Florets-1 cup
- Whole Wheat FLour-5 tbsp
- Rice Flour/Corn FLour-3 tbsp
- Red Chilly Powder-1/2 tsp
- Pepper-1/2 tsp
- Salt-To taste
- Water-To Mix
- Oil-To Deep Fry
For the Sauce:
- Ginger Garlic Paste-1 tbsp
- Green Chilly-1
- Spring Onion-1 tbsp(Green)
- Spring Onion-1 tbsp(White)
- Onion-1/4 cup(Finely Chopped)
- Tomato Sauce-3 tbsp
- Soya Sauce-1/4 tsp
- Sugar-A pinch(Optional)
- Salt-To taste
- Oil-To cook
1.Measure all ingredients and keep them ready.
2. Clean the florets and immerse them in warm water.
3. In a bowl, mix everything except oil and make a smooth batter. Let it be neither too thick nor too runny.
4. Mix the florets in the batter, cover them up totally and place them in the refrigerator until we get the remaining stuff ready.
5. In a pan, add some oil and saute onion, capsicum, green chilly and fry the ginger garlic paste till the raw smell vanishes.
6. Now add the spring onion and sauces, a pinch of sugar (Optional).
7. Add salt and some 2 tbsp water and let it cook in low flame for 2 minutes.
8.In the meantime deep fry the florets and drain excess oil.
9. When you are about to serve, add the fried florets to the sauce and garnish with spring onion.
10. Enjoy the Gobi Manchurian 🙂
Serve it immediately after preparation as they might turn slightly soggy.
Adjust spices as per your taste.
Add the soy sauce to a very minimal level and add when the vegetables have turned crisp. Don’t let it burn. Best would be to avoid it.
Check and eliminate gluten and soy allergy before trying this Gobi Manchurian .
To make Gobi Manchurian just like the restaurant style please refer here
Always have a word with your doctor before introducing any new food to babies
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin. If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me. I am privileged to share them on my page