Vegetable Dalia Biryani or Broken Wheat Biriyani:
Daila or Daliya or Broken Wheat Rava or Godhumai Rava is an excellent source of proteins and complex carbohydrates. It is an amazing source of energy and it is rich in fibres. It helps in building muscles, regulating body metabolism and curing constipation.
It is the most preferred diet about all fitness world people and blood sugar patients. Dalia or broken wheat is one of the most preferred foods for babies, toddlers and kids. I learnt this fact very late and that’s when I came with recipes like Dalia kheer and Dalia almond khicidi.
Though porridge/khicidi/ upma is the most common dishes suggested for babies with this dalia I would suggest you give a try with this variant of biriyani or pulao after 8 months skipping the salt. The below recipe came across our mind as we getting ready to prepare upma for morning breakfast. It took me few minutes and it came out super yummy. You can just tantalise your taste buds with Vegetable Dalia Biryani or Broken Wheat Biriyani recipe. I just followed my kuska/plain biriyani recipe. The entire crux of this recipe lies in two places, the amount of roasting done and the amount of water used.
Vegetable Dalia Biryani or Broken Wheat Biriyani
- Broken Wheat Rava-1 cup
- Water-1.5 cups
- Chopped Veggies-1/2 cup
- Chilly Powder-1/4 Tsp
- Garam Masala Powder-1/2 tsp
- Onion-1 small
- Tomato-1 small
- Oil+Ghee-2 tbsp
- Salt-To taste
- Mint+Coriander leaves-Handful
To grind into a smooth paste:
- Green Chilly-1
- Ginger-A small piece
- Bay Leaf-1
- Cinnamon-A stick
- Fennel -1/4 Tsp
1. Measure and keep all the ingredients ready.
2. In a pressure cooker, dry roast the broken wheat rava in medium flame for 2 minutes. Set it aside.
3. In the same pressure cooker, add oil+ghee and add the items mentioned under “To temper”
4. Now add onion and other vegetables and saute them well.
5. Add the roasted dalia, paste and mint leaves, coriander leaves and all spice powders.
6. Gently mix them together and add water and salt.
7. Pressure cook for 3 whistles.
8. When the pressure is released carefully fluff it up.
9. Vegetable Dalia Biryani or Broken Wheat Biriyani is ready to serve.
This goes well with any raitha of your choice.
Adjust spices according to your wish and taste.
Skip salt for babies less than one year of age.
This can be given to babies above six months
Ensure to have introduced all items before and eliminate allergies.
Always have a word with your doctor before introducing any new food to babies
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin. If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me. I am privileged to share them on my page