Eggless Savory Muffins Recipe:
Eggless Savory Muffins Recipe- Baking an eggless savoury muffin has always been on my mind. But when I kept hunting and trying I couldn’t find a perfect recipe which was eggless. I literally gave up for some time. And two days before when I was thinking about a quick evening snack for my son, this came up in my mind. I followed the recipe from here and tweaked it to suit us. My kid and his friends enjoyed munching on them. I hope you and your kids enjoy them too.
Eggless Savory Muffins Recipe
Please read your oven manual and all the tips for baking for beginners here before commencing with the recipe. This is a wholesome dish which can be your kids breakfast(Add some almond powder and more vegetables too)along with fruits and Sathumaavu /multigrain drink. Eggless Savoury muffins recipe doesn’t use any packed ingredients except cheese and the raising agents. Since this is going to be a occasional thing, I hope the least quantity will not make any harm. You can skip baking powder and baking soda just like I have done in this recipe. Use sour Curd and vinegar instead. The Savoury muffins are great choice for snacks, light dinner and travel food. You can make n number of variations with the recipe.
This will make 16 to 18 muffins of below size.
- Whole Wheat – 3/4 cup
- Butter – 1.5 tbsp
- Milk-1/2 cup
- Grated cheese or paneer – 1/4 cup
- Mixed vegetables-1/4 cup
- Curd-1/4 cup
- Baking powder-1/2 tsp
- Vinegar-1/4 tsp
- Baking soda-1/4 tsp
- Salt-To taste
- Italian herbs-1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Water – If necessary
- Mint leaves – Handful
Vegetables can be of your choice. I made a batch with corn & Capsicum and another set with carrot & cucumber
Eggless Savory Muffins Recipe
1. Measure all the ingredients and keep them ready.
2. Preheat the OTG to 175 degrees celsius. Line the muffin tray with the liners.
3. In a pan, add butter and heat. Slowly add milk to it and boil till the butter melts.
4. Cool the mixture.
5. After it reaches room temperature, add the herbs, salt, masala.
6. Then add curd, vegetables and whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda
7. Mix them together. If you find the batter thick, add water little by little and mix. Be careful while adding, you might not need more than 1/4 cup.
8. Add mint leaves, cheese and mix. Now the batter for muffin is ready.
9. Carefully scoop and add to the muffin tray.
10. Bake at 175 degree Celsius for 35 minutes.
11. Check for the doneness with a tooth pick.
12. The savory muffins are ready once they reach room temperature.
Please set the temperature and mode as per your oven settings.
I have used whole wheat flour made at home. It is red samba variant. Hence the colour.
You can store this in an airtight container and use for 3 to 4 days.
The are soft, smooth and porous.
The batch got finished in no time hence I couldn’t click the inner layers.
Adjust the spices as per your taste.
You can skip salt if you are offering this for babies less than one year. And use homemade paneer.
Eliminate the allergies of individual ingredients before trying this recipe.
Always consult your doctor before introducing any new food to your baby.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or Pinterest or Instagram or join my exclusive women group here. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin. If you have a picture of a recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me. I shall share them on my page