Sago Balls Recipe:
No deep fry sago balls recipe with step by step images and procedure. We had masala dosa for morning breakfast and there was some excess masala left. I soaked some sago/sabudana and made no deep fry version of sago balls recipe. The base resembles my sabudana cutlet recipe and the making is my usual way of avoiding deep-fries. During this lockdown using minimal ingredients has been always on my mind. I had frozen bread crumbs from my bread disc and pizza cups. They came in handy to make the sago balls recipe a great hit and super crispy.
Sago Balls Recipe:
The below recipe with fresh potatoes and other ingredients and not based on left out masala.
- Javvarisi/Sago/Tapioca Pearls-1/2 cup
- Potato-3 medium
- Onion-1 (Finely Chopped)
- Garam Masala Powder-1/4 tsp
- Chilly Powder-1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder-A pinch
- Salt-To taste
- Ghee-To shallow fry
- Coriander Leaves-Chopped
- Bread crumbs-1/4 cup
Sago Balls Recipe
1. Measure the ingredients and keep them ready.
2. Soak sabudana in hot water for 1 hour. (after rinsing well )
3. Pressure cook potatoes and mash them.
4. Drain the water completely from soaked sago after one hour and take half of them and give it a quick pulse in a mixer.
5. Now mix mashed potatoes, blended sago, whole sago, onions and allspice powders along with salt and mix well.
6. Roll them into balls. Coat them with bread crumbs.
7. In a paniyaram pan, grease some ghee and place them balls carefully.
8. Cook in low flame and flip them to cook in all the sides.
9. Crispy No fry Sago Vada is ready 🙂
Drain water completely from sago.
You can soak sago in plain water for 3 hours instead of using hot water.
If you like crunchy and whole sago,skip blending.
This is a portion of amazing finger food for babies above 6 months.
Be careful in turning the balls.
If you don’t have bread crumbs , use powdered aval or rava.
Cook in low flame and allow it to cook well. Give enough time.
Adjust the spices as per your taste.
Skip the salt for babies below one year.
Always have a word with your doctor before introducing any new food to your baby.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or Pinterest or Instagram or join my exclusive women group here. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin. If you have a picture of a recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me. I shall share them on my page