- Medium size tender bottle gourd – 1
- Boiled Rice(Idli/Dosa Rice) – 2 cup
- Grated coconut– 1 cup
- Red chilli – 6
- Curry leaves-Chopped
- Coriander leaves-Chopped
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – To cook
- Wash and soak rice for 3 hours.
- Peel and grate bottle gourd; do not squeeze out water (juice) from grated bottle gourd.
- Grind red chilly first and add grated coconut, soaked rice and grind it to a coarse paste by adding enough water.
- When the rice is ground to 3/4 th add grated bottle gourd n grind into a smooth paste. The consistency should be as that of dosa batter.
- Add salt,chopped onion,curry leaves and coriander leaves to the batter and mix well.
- Grease a dosa tava, pour a ladle of batter and spread it evenly
- Sprinkle some oil and cook both sides
- Serve it hot with coconut chutney.
Choose a fresh and soft bottle gourd.
Adding green chilly instead of red chilly will give a different colour and taste.
Cook one side by closing and turn the dosa and cook.
Cook it in slow flame.
Be careful in adding water.
Do not squeeze out the juice of bottle gourd.
Adding coconut is purely optional.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I am privileged to share them in my page