The only way in which I wish to take brinjal is this khicidi. It is a perfect combination with steaming hot idly. Brinjal being a rich source of iron would be a perfect side dish for breakfast.
Brinjal-5 numbers(small and tender)
Onion-1/2 cup chopped
Green chilly-1 chopped
Tamarind extract-1/4 cup
Turmeric Powder-A pinch
Mustard seeds-1/2 tbsp
Urad Dhal-1/2 tbsp
- Wash and pressure cook brinjal.
- Peel off the skin and mash it well.
- In a kadai,add oil and temper with mustard seeds,urad dhal and curry leaves.
- Add green chilly,onion and mashed brinjal and saute them well.
- Add hing and turmeric powder and give quick stir by adding half cup of water.
- When this boils,add tamarind extract and salt.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes and stop cooking when it reaches sambar consistency.
- Serve it hot with idly.
You can add more chillies to adjust your taste.
Prefer white egg plants and not hybrid variety.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I am privileged to share them in my page