A iron rich recipe which would go excellent with rice.
- Tamarind Extract-1 and 1/2 cup(Moderately diluted)
- Arai Keerai-1 cup(Cleaned)
- Shallots-1/4 cup chopped
- Garlic-1/4 cup chopped
- Salt-To taste
- Hing-1/4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tbsp
- Oil-To cook
- Mustard Seeds-1/4 tbsp
- Urad dhal-1/4 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds-1/2 tbsp
- Red Chilly-2
- Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds and let it spultter
- Then add urad dhal,curry leaves,red chillies and fenugreek seeds.
- When curry leaves begins to crackle,reduce the flame because over toasting fenugreek seeds will add a bitter taste.
- Now add chopped shallot and garlic and saute in medium flame.
- When the shallots turn golden brown add hing and turmeric and give a quick stir.
- Add the chopped keerai(green) and saute well.
- Add around half cup of water and let the keerai get cooked.
- When you find the greens are cooked almost, add the tamarind extract and let it boil.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes and transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve it hot with rice.
Porikadalai thuvaiyal is a excellent combination.
You can add the greens without chopping too.
To quicken the process,you can add the keerai after cooking it in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
You can also do tempering separately and add it at last.
The more shallots and garlic you add the tastier it is.
Adjust the level of red chilly as per your taste.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I am privileged to share them in my page