Recently I am hearing this name Daliya very often and I learnt that it is preferred as baby food too. My aunt had made this when we visited her home this Sunday. It was really yummy and she had added her special flavours as usual turning it super delicious. I thought I should have this recipe in my page for my future reference. I am not sure if this can be called kheer. Correct me if I am wrong.i couldn’t click step-by-step pictures 🙁
- Daliya/Godhumai Rava-1 cup
- Coconut milk-1 cup(not too diluted)
- Jaggery-1 & 1/2 cup
- Ghee-To cook
- Roast the rava/daliya in ghee.
- Pressure cook the roasted rava for 3 whistles with 3 cups of water.
- Dissolve jaggery in water and filter the impurities.
- Add the cooked rava and jaggery syrup in a cooking vessel and keep stirring until it becomes thick.
- Roast cashews and cardamom in the meantime in ghee.
- Add the roasted cashews and cardamom to the payasam and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and add the coconut milk.
- Stir well and serve.
Be careful when you add coconut milk.
This can be given for babies above 8 months skipping jaggery.
Be sure to switch off the flame completely before adding coconut milk.
You can add saffron and raisins too.
Instead of coconut milk you can also add plain milk.
Ratio of water:rava is 3:1
Ratio of jaggery:rava is 1.5:1
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I am privileged to share them in my page