Carrot Bath or Carrot Baath or Carrot Rice:
When you are super bored of cooking and you still want to make your lunch nutritious you can go ahead with one pot meals. Here is one yummy, sweet and spicy version of one-pot meal and it doesn’t require much time for cooking. This can be an easy way to include veggies in your toddlers’ menu. They will love it because of the colours and taste of carrot. If your baby is weaned by BLW method I am sure you will get an empty bowl back. My aunt had made this when we visited them 2 months back and we were totally loving it.
- Carrot-1.5 cups
- Basmati Rice-1 cup
- Onion-1/2 cup(Sliced)
- Capsicum-1/4 cup(sliced)
- GGG paste-1 tbsp
- Ghee-To cook
- Coriander leaves-To garnish
- Cashew nut-7
- Salt-To taste
(GGG -Ginger Garlic Green chilly)
1. Wash and soak basmati rice for 20 minutes in lukewarm water.
2. Add 1.5 cups of water and pressure cook the rice or open cook the rice and strain excess water.
3. Fluff the rice with a fork and set it aside.
4. In a pan, add ghee and roast cashews and set them aside.
5. In the same pan, add sliced onions, capsicum, grated carrots and GGG paste and saute well
6. Keep tossing until onions turn golden brown.
7. Now add the rice and mix well.
8. Add salt to taste.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves and cashews.
10. A rich but simple to cook carrot bath awaits to tangle in your tongues 🙂
This is very suitable for kids who love colours in their foods.
Take care to fluff the rice well with a fork and ensure they don’t stick together.
You can also replace carrot with beetroot.
You can use the normal rice instead of basmati rice too.
Ensure not to stir many times after step 7. Otherwise, the rice will turn mushy.
This is suitable for babies above 9 months of age. Avoid salt and replace basmati rice with usual rice if required.
You can serve with any raitha of your choice.
Adjust the spice level by adding or reducing the GGG paste.
You can also add other seasoning elements like aniseeds, cinnamon, bay leaf and clove.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin. If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me. I am privileged to share them on my page