Veg Sandwich Recipe:
LOOOOOOOOOONGGGGGGGGGGGGG TIME….. How are you all doing? It has been around 20 days since I had posted a recipe. I was running around a few personal commitments and travelling frequently in the past few days. Above all, as my little munchkin is growing in his toddler-hood I am being pulled into his space and I am growing. learning and having fun along with him. And of course, my lack of planning and laziness are also reasons behind not posting. Thank you all for your constant support.
With no more delay let’s get into today’s recipe. It is nothing but a simple VEG CHEESE SANDWICH/VEG. SANDWICH. This is one of our(mom & son) all-time favourites. You can offer this as a finger food/snack/breakfast/dinner for your babies post 6 months(Ensure your bread is 100% whole wheat and does not have salt in it). If you are worried about including bread in baby’s diet ensure to include it occasionally and just load it with veggies just as I have done in BREAD UPMA/STIR FRY RECIPE.
Veg Sandwich Recipe:
- Chopped/Grated Vegetables-1 cup
- Bread slices-8
- Ghee/Butter-To cook
- Salt-To taste
- Turmeric Powder-A pinch
- Chilly powder-As per taste
- Cumin seed powder-1/2 tsp
- Cheese-1 tbsp(Grated) Optional
I used grated carrot,chopped onion,tomato,potato,beans & peas.The choice of vegetable is yours.
Use home made cheese for babies below one year
Veg Sandwich Recipe
1. Get all ingredients ready.
2. In a pan add some ghee or butter or oil and saute the vegetables by adding one after the other.
3. Add turmeric, cumin seed and chilly powder and stir well.
4. Sprinkle some water and close the pan with a lid.
5. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add salt and stir well.
7. The stuffing is ready. Keep it aside.
8. Take bread slices and grease with ghee.
9. Toast it well on tava or use sandwich maker.
10. Spread the vegetable stuffing and top with cheese.
11. Cover with another toasted slice and serve hot.
Avoid cheese/bread with salt content for babies below one year.
Adjust spices and vegetables as per your taste.
Using cheese is optional.
If using a sandwich maker, grease the bread slices on one side, place a slice, top with stuffing, cheese and close with another slice.
Always have a word with your paediatrician before offering any new food to babies
Consider the family history of allergies before offering any new food to babies.
Ensure to have included all individual ingredients separately and rule out allergies before trying any recipe.
Cook the bread in medium flame.
This can be packed in the lunch box too. It does not turn soggy(My experience)
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I will be privileged to share them in my page