Chola Dosai/Jowar Dosa/Sorghum Dosa is made with the white millet cholam/sorghum/jowar. Chola Dosai is so filling, soft and gluten-free. Chola Dosai has several nutrients like phosphorus, iron, calcium, and protein. I have the habit of including millets to my routine diet in various formats. And this chola dosai recipe is how grandmom makes the chola dosai traditionally. You can also make idlies with them. Babies above 6 months can be offered with this. I couldn’t source whole millet easily here. So I kept making it with the flour.Find one more version of Chola dosai|Jowar Dosa|Sorghum Dosa here
Chola Dosai Recipe:
Makes 12-14 dosa
- Cholam/Jowar/Sorghum-1 cup
- Idly Rice-1/2 cup
- Urad Dhal-1/2 cup
- Oil-To grease
- Salt-To taste
1.Measure and keep all the ingredients ready.
2. Soak everything except salt and oil after thorough rinsing.
3. After 6 hours of soaking, grind them together. Ensure that the batter is not too flowy.
4. Let it ferment for 4 to 6 hours.
5. The batter would have risen up with pores.
6. Mix some salt and water to the batter to get a free flowing dosa batter.
7. Heat the dosa pan and grease with oil.
8. Use a ladle and spread the batter.
9. Sprinkle oil and cook both the sides in medium flame.
10. Chola Dosai is ready to be served with your favourite chutney.
11. Serve the chola dosai warm.
12. Repeat the same for the remaining batter.
Skip fenugreek if you wish.
Fermentation should take place between 2 to 6 hours depending on atmospheric temperature.
If you are making idlies , make them with the fresh batter.
The batter stays good for 3 days if refrigerated.
This can be offered to babies above 6 months(minus salt).
Skip salt for babies below 1 year.
Ensure to have introduced all items before and eliminate allergies.
Always have a word with your doctor before introducing any new food to babies.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin. If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me. I am privileged to share them on my page