Vaangi Bath|Brinjal Rice-I am not a great lover of brinjals. In fact, before my wedding, brinjal was on my hate list. It was my husband who ensured that I don’t skip brinjals. I would only have Brinjal Kolakari which amma makes for idly
I began exploring brinjal gravy , brinjal gothsu for Pongal and Vaangi Bath|Brinjal Rice only after my wedding. This version of Vaangi Bath|Brinjal Rice is from a fellow mate,named Brindha whom I met via social media. She had shared the recipe once and I was so tempted to give it a try. The outcome of Vaangi Bath|Brinjal Rice as per her recipe came out super awesome. Come let’s check out the recipe of Vaangi Bath|Brinjal Rice
Vaangi Bath|Brinjal Rice
- Rice-1 cup (Cooked)
- Brinjal-9 small
- Salt-To taste
- Oil-To cook
To roast and grind:
- Coconut-1 tbsp
- Coriander seeds-1/2 tsp
- Fennels Seeds-1/2 tsp
- Red Chillies-2
- Gram dhal-1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves-Handfew
- Mustard-1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal-1/4 tsp
- Gram Dhal-1/4 tsp
Vaangi Bath|Brinjal Rice:
1.Measure all the ingredients and keep them ready.
2. Chop brinjals lengthwise and dice onions.
3. In a pan ,dry roast the items mentioned under “to roast and grind” and let it cool.
4. Grind into a coarse powder.
5. In a pan,add tempering elements and saute onion and brinjals
6. Close and cook with some water by just sprinkling.
7. When the brinjals are cooked add the powder ground and mix well with salt.
8. Cool this and add to the rice.
9. Fluff them both together and add roasted cashews to garnish (Optional).
10. Serve the Vaangi Bath|Brinjal Rice with raitha or any fry of your choice 🙂
Choose tender and small brinjals to make this Vaangi Bath|Brinjal Rice.
Don’t saute till the brinjals get mashed.
Skip salt for babies below one year.
Ensure to have offered all the individual ingredients well in advance and rule out allergies for babies.
This is a perfect recipe for tiffin box/lunch box
Always have a word with your doctor before introducing any new food to babies
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin. If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me. I am privileged to share them on my page