Cauliflower Pulao Or Gobi Rice Pulao Recipe:
Cauliflower Pulao or Gobi Rice Pulao Recipe- We love to try out different varieties/flavours/cuisines/tastes when it comes to food. I have already posted a version of Gobi Rice in my blog and the below version has some variations which arose just in the morning hours. The outcome turned out to be surprisingly amazing. Without much delay let’s check out the recipe. Check out the collection of 35 easy and quick lunch box rice varieties here
Cauliflower Pulao or Gobi Rice Pulao:
- Cauliflower-1 medium sized
- Rice-1 cup
- Turmeric Powder-1/4 Tsp
- Garam Masala Powder-1/2 tbsp
- Chilly Powder-1/2 tbsp
- Onion-1 Sliced
- Salt-To taste
- Oil-To cook
- Green Chilly-1
- Mint Leaves-Handful
- Coriander Leaves – Handful
- Fennel Seeds-1/4 tsp
- Bay Leaf-1
- Cinnamon-A small piece
1.Measure and keep all the ingredients ready.
2. Wash and rinse rice and soak for 30 minutes.
3. Remove the florets from the cauliflower and parboil them for few minutes.
4. Add some salt, turmeric powder and chilly powder. Toss them together. Set them aside.
5. In a pressure cooker, add the items to temper and toss the onions.
6. Then add chilly, rice, mint leaves, coriander leaves and saute well.
7. Now add rice, salt and 1.5 cups water.
8. Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
9. In a mean time add few drops of oil to a pan and toss the florets(shallow fry).
10. When the pressure is released, add the tossed florets and gently fluff the rice.
11. Garnish with mint and coriander. Gobi Pulao is ready to be served with your favourite gravy or raitha or Manchurian
Use water in the ratio of 1:1.5.
Babies above 6 months can be given this without salt and reduced spices.
Consult with your doctor before offering any new food to the baby.
Consider the family history of allergies before introducing any new food to baby
Be sure to have eliminated doubts of allergies of each ingredient before offering this to the baby.
Skip salt if the baby is below one year.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin. If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me. I am privileged to share them on my page