Mushroom Uppu Kari/Kaalaan Uppukari:
Todays’ recipe is a guest post. This is from the same contest I had mentioned earlier. It is from the group “Roasts n Grinds”. We had called for healthy recipes with tofu/mushroom/soya and healthy baking recipes. Hope you remember the mushroom recipes collection
and previous guest posts tofu polichathu
, mushroom kola urundai
and wheat tofu momos
from the contest.One more addition to the same set.
Mushroom Uppu Kari:
Over to our guest
“I am Mrs.Gomathi from Tirunelveli. My husband is a business person and we have a 3-year-old kiddy Varnith. I’ve completed my B.Tech Bioengineering from SASTRA University, Thanjavur. Am a homemaker by choice. My pass time includes cooking, painting and reading novels. I write tamil poem at times. 🙂 “
- Mushroom – 250 gms
- Shallots – 10 nos
- Curry leaves – Few
- Red chilly – 2 nos
- Gingelly/sesame oil – 2 tbsp
- Jeera/cumin seeds – 1 TSP
- Pepper powder – 1 tbsp
- Coconut – 2 tbsp (shredded)
- Salt – To taste
1. Chop the mushrooms, shallots. Shred the coconut.
2. In a kadai, pour oil and add cumin seeds.
3. When the cumin seeds splutter, add red chillies, curry leaves followed by shallots.
4. Once the shallots get transparent, add the chopped mushrooms, salt, a pinch of turmeric powder, pepper powder and cover cook.
5. Once the water released by mushrooms gets absorbed, add shredded coconut, mix well and switch off the stove.
6. Serve hot with hot rice and rasam.
I have been inviting guest posts to my blog after publishing 100 recipes to honour all friends and supporters. So here is my personal invite to each of you out there“I invite pure vegetarian recipes with mushrooms/soya chunks /tofu or any healthy baked goodie or any of your family’s traditional recipe. Whoever is interested, please write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with ingredients, detailed recipe and step by step images(at least two to three final images). I will be happy and honoured to post the same on my blog. ” Please find the guest posts here
P.S:Always have a word with your paediatrician before offering any new food to your babies.
Please consider the family history of allergies before trying any new food.
Can I offer mushrooms to my baby? When and How?-Find the information here
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin. If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I will be privileged to share them on my page