Seeraga Samba Rice Vegetable Biriyani Recipe:
Seeraga Samba Rice Biriyani has a special unique flavour associated with it. The speciality of it is very evident with its popularity. My husband likes biriyani with seeraga samba and he insists to basmati only for pulao & fried rice recipes. Given below is a no-fail recipe from my kitchen. Technically speaking this is also pulao because of the method. But the taste and flavour are similar to that of biriyani. So you can even call it One Pot Biriyani Pulao. Who cares about the name? Taste is the most important one. Am I right?
Seeraga Samba Rice Vegetable Biriyani Recipe
- Seeraga Samba Rice-1 cup
- Onion-1 big(Sliced)
- Curd-3 tbsp
- Water-1/2 cup
- Cut vegetables-1 cup
- Chilly Powder-1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder-1/2 tsp
To grind into a smooth paste:
- Green Chilly-1
- Ginger-A small piece
- Tomato -2 (Medium)
- Bay Leaf-1
- Cinnamon-A stick
- Fennel -1/4 Tsp
- Poppy Seeds-1/4 tsp
1. Measure and keep all the ingredients ready.
2. Wash, rinse and soak the rice for 20 minutes.
3.Grind the items under “To grind into a smooth paste” and keep it aside.
4.In a pressure cooker, add oil+ghee and heat it.
5. Now add the tempering elements and let it splutter.
6. Add the onions and fry till they turn translucent and add the masala powders, chopped vegetables and mint+coriander
7. Now add the rice after rinsing and draining the water
8. Mix everything well and add ground paste+water,salt.
9.Pressure cook for one whistle.
10. When the pressure is released, carefully fluff the rice.
11. Seeraga Samba Rice Vegetable Biriyani is ready.
The right measurement for a fluffy biriyani is a total of 1.5 cups of liquid(be it coconut milk or puree or plain water) for 1 cup rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
Adjust spices according to your wish and taste.
This can be given to babies above six months
Always have a word with your doctor before introducing any new food to babies
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I am privileged to share them on my page