Curry Leaves Navratan Dhal Adai:
After enjoying the navratan dhal bonda we have begun to include them often in our cooking and this navratan dhal adai was first introduced by a friend in Delhi during our farewell dinner. I made slight modifications and here is the recipe of protein-rich and soft Curry Leaves Navratan Dhal Adai.
Curry Leaves Navratan Dhal Adai
You can make it with mint or coriander leaves too. Adding curry leaves gives you soft texture.
- Idly rice-1 cup
- Navratan dhal-3/4 cup
- Curry leaves-Handful
- Salt-To taste
- Red Chilly-2
- Onions-2 finely chopped
- Coconut-1/4 cup grated
- Hing-A pinch
- Ginger-A small piece
1. Measure and keep all the ingredients ready.
2. Rinse and soak rice+dhal for 4 hours.
3. Drain water and grind everything except onions together with some water.
4. Now add chopped onions and mix well.
5. Heat a dosa pan and grease with oil.
6. Pour the batter and close and cook.
7. Drizzle with oil and flip.
8. Continue the same for the remaining batter too.
9. Serve the adai with chutney or butter and jaggery.
The entire process should be in low flame.
This can be given to babies above six months without salt.
Always have a word with your doctor before introducing any new food to babies
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or Pinterest or Instagram or join my exclusive women group here. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin. If you have a picture of a recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me. I shall share them on my page