Bechamel Sauce Pasta
When Alaguchitra from Cake Moments posted this recipe in a FB group with mushrooms I wanted to try it.Yeah!I am a lover of pasta. I readily had stock of whole wheat fusilli from Fab India. And there you go one of the best pasta recipes I have ever made/had. Bechamel Sauce is white sauce in a thicker version from the French Kitchen. So this is a fusion dish combining Italian & French cuisines.
Bechamel Sauce Pasta:
This doesn’t get soggy. You can add cheese if you wish. You can check other pasta recipes here
- Whole Wheat Pasta-1 cup
- Milk-1 cup
- Butter-2 tbsp
- Corn Flour-1/2 tbsp
- Italian Herbs-As Needed
- Garlic-2 crushed
- Sliced Onions-1 tbsp
- Salt-To taste
- Pepper-1/4 tsp
1.Cook pasta in water with a drop of oil and salt in al dente form.
2. Quickly rinse through a tap of cold water and set the fusili aside.
3. In a saucepan add 1.5 tbsp butter and melt.
4. Switch off and add the flour and blend well without any lumps.
5. Now add to the stovetop , add milk, pepper, a pinch of salt and keep stirring continuously to form a thick sauce. This will take hardly two minutes. Ensure no lumps formation.
6. In the meantime add 1/2 tbsp butter and saute crushed garlic and onions.
7. Add the Italian herbs and give a quick toss.
8. Remove the pan from the stove and add cooked pasta and toss.
9. Finally, add the sauce and sprinkle some Italian Herbs and serve.
You can add shredded cheddar to make it richer.
I added a quarter more cup of milk to reduce the thickness of the sauce.
Low flame and continuously stirring are the keys for the right sauce.
You can add a drop of oil while boiling pasta.
Gently toss and don’t stir vigorously after adding pasta to the sauce.
Consult with your doctor before offering any new food to the baby.
Consider the family history of allergies before introducing any new food to baby
Be sure to have eliminated doubts of allergies of each ingredient before offering this to the baby.
Skip salt if the baby is below one year.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my Facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or Pinterest or Instagram or join my exclusive women group here. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin. If you have a picture of a recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me. I shall share them on my page