Hotel Style Kuska Recipe with step by step images:
I have already posted a style of Kuska Biryani and Seeraga Samba Veg. Biryani which are our family favourites. This one was tried by me last week and I still can feel the aroma and flavour even now as I see the pictures. This was a great hit in the family.
Hotel Style Kuska Recipe:
- Jeeraga Samba Rice-1 cup
- Onion-1 big(Sliced)
- Coconut milk-1 cup not very thick
- Water-1/4 cup
- Chilly Powder-1/4 Tsp
- Garam Masala Powder-1/2 tsp
- Tomato-1 big
- Mint leaves-Handful
- Coriander leaves -Handful
- Ginger Garlic Paste-1 tbsp
- Ghee-To cool
- Bay Leaf-1
- Cinnamon-A stick
- Fennel -1/4 Tsp
- Poppy Seeds-1/4 tsp
Hotel Style Kuska Recipe:
1. Measure and keep all the ingredients ready.
2. Soak rice in water for 30 minutes after rinsing it well.
3. In a pressure cooker, ghee and heat it.
4. Now add the tempering elements and let it splutter.
5. Add the onions, tomatoes, masala and leaves.
6. Saute until the tomatoes are mashed.
7. Add water to this and then allow simmering in low flame.
8. Completely drain water from the rice and add to cooker.
9. Now add salt and mix everything together.
10. Finally, add coconut milk and mix well.
11. Pressure cook for one whistle in high flame.
12. After the pressure is completely released, carefully fluff with the fork.
13. Garnish with coriander and mint leaves and serve the kuska rice hot with raitha.
Rinse well until the starch content is all gone from rice and then soak.
Fluff carefully and don’t be in a hurry to open the cooker lid.
Kindly stick to the measurements of water and milk.
You can use Basmati rice too in this recipe.
The right measurement for a fluffy Kuska or Plain Biriyani is a total of 1.5 cups of liquid(be it coconut milk or puree or plain water) for 1 cup rice, soaked for 30 minutes. For seeraga samba rice ensure to completely drain the water after soaking. So kindly don’t alter it.
Adjust spices according to your wish and taste.
Skip the salt for babies less than one year of age.
This can be given to babies above six months
Ensure to have introduced all items before and eliminate allergies.
Always have a word with your doctor before introducing any new food to babies
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I am privileged to share them on my page