Hello everybody 👋! Hope all pf you are staying healthy and safe at home. Did the meal planner for lockdown help you? I am planning to share recipes which would have minimal ingredients to benefit everyone. Here is a quick unniyappam recipe which needs just 3 major ingredients. This is not the authentic Kerala Style unniyappam recipe. Just a quick and simple one.
There are several versions of doing this unniyappam. When we were at Cochin the temple at Tirupunithura had unniappam as daily prasad. It is slightly harder outside. But this is very soft. Most versions use maida I have use whole wheat flour made at home.
- Wheat Flour-1/4 cup
- Rice Flour-1/4 cup
- (*You can also use 1/2 cup wheat flour)
- Ripe banana-3
- Jaggery Syrup-1/2 cup (1/2 cup jaggery dissolved in 1/3 cup water by boiling)
- Baking Soda-A pinch
I didn’t add the below.
Coconut pieces-2 tbsps
Sesame Seeds-1/2 tbsp
Cardamom powder-A pinch
Instant Unniyappam Recipe:
1. Mash the bananas well
2. In a wide bowl add the flours, jaggery syrup and baking soda.
3. Add the mashed bananas and mix well to make the batter.
4. The batter should be slightly thick. Scoop and pour in a paniyaram pan greased with ghee.
5. Close and cook. Flip sides.
6. Instant Unniappam is ready.
Pour the jaggery syrup little by little and mix.
Ensure that jaggery has no impurities.
If you can rest it for 4 hours skip baking soda.
Skip jaggery syrup and use dates syrup for babies below one year
They are super soft and fluffy.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my Facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or Pinterest or Instagram or join my exclusive women group here. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin. If you have a picture of a recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me. I shall share them on my page