Tandoori Aloo Recipe:
I had some baby potatoes planned for baby potatoes dum biriyani and I got deviated to make Tandoori Aloo Recipe when I saw this here. The tandoori aloo can be made without oven/OTG. For the OTG version check my aloo tikka recipe. Serve this with mint chutney for evening snacks. Your kids will love them. As parents, you don’t have to worry about oil consumption too, if you are really concerned
Tandoori Aloo Recipe
Any no deep fry recipe, especially the tawa ones and OTG ones consume very less oil or ghee when compared to deep fry. Many viewers felt the oil consumption is more seeing the tawa images. So I measured the exact amount of oil/ghee used in my OTG Gobi 65 recipe. I took only 8 ml which is 1/2 tbsp. I did a check for close to three recipes and all recipes consumed only less than 1 tbsp. Is it not better than deep fry? In images, the reflection of the light is shown as excess oil ( Pardon my poor clicking skills)
- Baby Potatoes-12-14
- Hung Curd-1/4 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt-To taste
- Rice Flour-1 tbsp
- Ghee-1 tbsp
- Water -as needed
Tandoori Aloo Recipe
1.Measure and keep all the ingredients ready.
2. Wash the baby potatoes well, split into two, prick holes and pressure cook for three whistles ( Some need only one whistle).
3. In the meantime, let us prepare the coating.
4. Add the spices powders and salt in a wide bowl.
5. Mix with hung curd and add some water and rice flour to make a thin coating ( Mine is thick).
6. After the potatoes are cooked, peel the skin after they cool.
7. Now mix with the batter and marinate for 20 minutes.
8. Carefully put them into skewers.
9. Shallow fry in ghee till the coating is slightly cooked. Flip sides and cook all sides.
10. Now take the skewers and heat them on direct flame. Place a stainless steel wire mesh on the burner and then heat on the direct flame as shown on the above picture. Be very careful in this step. I did until it turned slightly charred on sides.
11. The tandoori aloo is ready. Garnish with mint and coriander leaves and serve with mint chutney.
Parboil potatoes if you feel pressure cooking might smash them.
I made a mistake by making the coating very thick. So it took me time.
I would recommend you to make a light coating.
If you want an oil-free version, just show them directly on flame alone.
If you don’t have skewers, just do a tawa fry.
You can coat with bread crumbs for a more crispy version
Adjust spices as per your taste.
You can skip the salt and reduce spices and give to babies above 6 months.
Always have a word with your doctor before introducing new food to babies
This tandoori aloo is an excellent finger food
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or Pinterest or Instagram or join my exclusive women group here. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin. If you have a picture of a recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me. I shall share them on my page