Pori Upma Recipe:
Pori upma recipe with detailed recipe and images – Here is a quick and healthy recipe which can be made for your breakfast or dinner or snack box. There can be different variants you can make with this recipe. This has been on my to-do list for a long time and when I tried it came out so well in taste and flavour. Generally, people add simple tempering but to make this pori upma healthy I prefer vegetables and nuts too.
Pori Upma Recipe:
I did not expect a warm welcome for this recipe at home. But amma and little one really relished it for dinner. It was really filling too. I felt satisfied as it has extra added nutrients too. You can check out 120 recipes for breakfast & dinner here
- Puffed Rice
- Onion-1 medium-sized
- Tomato-1 medium-sized
- Green Peas-1/4 cup
- Groundnut-2 tbsp
- Garam Masala Powder-1/4 tsp
- Chilly Powder-1/4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves- To garnish
- Lemon Juice-Few drops
- Oil-To cook
- Salt-To taste
- Mustard Seeds-1/4 tsp
- Urad Dhal-1/4 tsp
- Bengal Gram-1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves
Pori Upma Recipe
1. Measure and keep all the ingredients ready.
2. In a pan add oil and add the tempering elements.
3.When they splutter add groundnut and onion,peas
4.When the onions turn translucent add the tomatoes and spices.
5. Sprinkle some water for the peas to get cooked.
6.When the peas get cooked sieve the puffed rice and quickly rinse under the tap.
7. Completely drain the water. No soaking is needed.
8. By now the peas would have got cooked. Add salt. Give a quick stir and switch off the gas stove.
9. Add the puffed rice and give a gentle toss.
10.Garnish with coriander leaves and serve warm
11. Puffed rice upma is ready.
Don’t take much time to wash the puffed rice.
You can add vegetables of your choice.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or Pinterest or Instagram or join my exclusive women group here. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin. If you have a picture of a recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me. I shall share them on my page