Eggless Whole Wheat Pancakes with step by step recipe & images.
Whole Wheat Pancakes is a super quick and extremely nutritious recipe for your growing babies, toddlers, and kids. It would just take some 10-15 minutes and your eggless whole wheat pancakes without baking soda/powder will be ready to serve.I have already posted a version of ragi pancake for kids without eggs and soda , and here is my whole wheat pancake recipe. This was done in December 2015 and I am posting it only today. I dug all my folders deep to get this. I am sure you will love this version of the eggless whole wheat pancake.
Ingredients: (Makes 3)
- Whole Wheat Flour-1/2 cup
- Grated Jaggery-2 tbsp.
- Water-1/2 cup (Approx.)
- Salt-A pinch
- Banana-1 small/1/2 of big banana
- Oil-To grease
- I have used whole wheat flour. You can use store bought flour too.
- The batter consistency shouldn’t be too watery or too thick. So be careful while adding water.
- For babies below one year, you can skip jaggery and salt.
- I added nendran banana and I purposefully let the banana pieces stay unmashed. You can completely make it into a paste and add to the batter.
- No settling time is required and It stays soft even after cooling.
- Adding nendran banana itself provides sufficient sweetness.
- Choose a ripe banana. Otherwise, it would turn bitter.
- If you are using nendran/kerela banana remove the black center part and mash for babies below one year as it might create indigestion.
- The tava shouldn’t get too hot while cooking.
- The colour depends on jaggery used.
- Please consult your doctor before introducing any new food to babies
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I am privileged to share them in my page