Whole Wheat Veg. Noodles:
Is there any kid who doesn’t like noodles? Why kids, even adults love them. My son who is four years old is no different but he himself prefers whole wheat ones only. Thankfully he is not addicted to it as he always prefers a variety of foods. I kept refraining using them in our regular meal as I was only able to source partial wheat products or those with durum wheat or maida based ones. I have tried making noodles just like the street food style during our early days of marriage(more than 4 years ago), I wasn’t really so aware of the availability Whole Wheat Veg. Noodles in the market and to be frank we weren’t too bothered about it until our son became 3.5 yrs.
Whole Wheat Veg. Noodles:
He had not tasted them until then. Our hunt for the perfect healthy and tasty variant began when our son started liking Whole Wheat Veg. Noodles. I have tried a few brands and I found Del Monte Spaghetti, Whole Wheat (Click link to buy) to be good. You may also try Colavita Spaghetti. Both of them are worth trying as they are made of whole wheat. Recently I tried whole wheat noodles from Sprouta Foods. It seems to be a good option and it is whole wheat. You can check their page by clicking here https://www.facebook.com/sproutafoods/
The below recipe has a very small quantity of soya sauce.
I make Whole Wheat Veg. Noodles once in several months and hence I feel they don’t really make any harm. For kids below 12 months, please skip all sauces and salt in this recipe. If you would prefer making this Whole Wheat Veg. Noodles often kindly use a low sodium soy sauce for kids. Use only homemade tomato sauce. I have taken utmost care to keep this Whole Wheat Veg. Noodles recipe safe and healthy for kids of all age since it is always a showstopper among them.
Whole Wheat Veg. Noodles Recipe:
- Whole Wheat Spaghetti/Noodles-100 gms
- Garlic-4 crushed
- Vegetables-3/4 cup(finely chopped)
- Onion-1 (Finely Chopped)
- Spring Onion-2 tbsp(Finely Chopped)
- Chilly Powder-1/2 tsp
- Pepper-1/2 tsp
- Soya Sauce-1/4 tsp (Optional)
- Tomato Sauce-1 tsp
- Salt-To Taste
- Oil-To Cook
- Water-To Cook
Vegetables-I used carrots, beans, cabbage & capsicum. You can add peas and corn too
Whole Wheat Veg. Noodles
1.Please read through the instructions given on the pack before cooking
2. Boil water(around 4 cups) in a wide thick bottom vessel with some salt and few drops of oil.
3. Spread the spaghetti across the vessel as shown in the image. This will ensure long and unbroken noodles even after perfect cooking.
4. Cook in medium flame and slowly push the noodles inwards.
5. Cook for 10-15 minutes till al-dente texture.
6. Drain the water and immediately wash in running cold water.
7.Set the noodles aside.
8. In a pan, add some oil and saute minced garlic and all the vegetables.
9. Add the powders, salt, and sauces and give a quick stir.
10. Switch off the flame and add the noodles.
11. Blend them together carefully.
12. Whole Wheat Veg. Noodles is ready to serve.
I served Whole Wheat Veg. Noodles with Gobi manchurian (without APF).Stay tuned till tomorrow for the recipe 🙂
Adjust spices as per your taste.
You can also make the same like this Chappathi Noodles Recipe
To make it taste like restaurants you can add Hakka masala which is sold but please use it very occasionally and to a smaller extent.
Add the soy sauce to a very minimal level and add when the vegetables have turned crisp. Don’t let it burn. Best would be to avoid it.
Check and eliminate gluten and soy allergy before trying this recipe.
Always have a word with your doctor before introducing any new food to babies
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin. If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me. I am privileged to share them on my page