Thai Rice Noodles in Tomato Sauce-Vegan & Gluten Free:
KitchenKathukutty aims at providing healthy, nutritional and wholesome recipes suitable for all age groups from 6 months babies to our beloved grandparents at 90. My blog/cooking doesn’t mostly contain the unhealthy white sugar, refined flour, and any processed ingredients. I would like to share this lifestyle with our fellow people and help them eat & live healthy. This is the main purpose behind the entire blogging journey. So I always keep looking for the healthy alternative to every ingredient /dish. Noodles-This is the most favourite food for most of us but the most controversial topic when it comes to health. So here come healthy noodle recipes like whole wheat noodles & chapathi noodles. To add one more today we will look into rice noodles. Thai Rice Noodles in Tomato Sauce is a fusion of Thailand cuisine and Italian Cuisine. Some of my friends ask me how do you even find these? I just skim through every shop and pick up healthy alternatives reading the ingredients. This read Rice Flour+ Water as ingredients. Hence I picked it up. Is it not a healthy choice? This is from a superstore in Delhi. You can buy them from here or from the below links or from any supermarket.
Buy from here:
Thai Rice Noodles in Tomato Sauce:
- Rice Stick/Rice Noodles-200 gm
- Salt-To taste
- Oil-To Cook
- Italian herbs-To garnish
- Red Chilly Powder/Pepper-As per taste
1.Measure and keep all the ingredients ready
2. Chop garlic and onion into fine pieces.
3. Blend the tomatoes into a fine puree.
4. In a pan add oil and saute garlic and onion.
5. Now add red chilly powder or pepper and tomato puree.
6. Allow it to boil till it thickens.
7. Now add salt and tomato sauce.
8. Switch off the flame and set it aside.
9. To cook, the noodles follow the instructions provided in the pack. I am just adding the steps found in my pack along with an extra step.
10. Soak the noodles in cold water for 8-10 minutes.
11. Drain the water.
12. Boil water in a wide bowl along with a pinch of salt and spoon of oil and add the soaked and drained noodles to it.
13. Cook in medium flame for 3 minutes.
14. Drain excess water and mix this to the sauce made.
15. Garnish with the herbs and serve Thai Rice Noodles in Tomato Sauce warm.
Ensure that you dont allow the noodles to get soaked for a longer time. That will break them.
Add the soaked noodles to boiling water and not warm water.
If possible wash the noodles in running cold water after step 13. This will ensure non-sticky noodles.
This is a safe option for gluten allergic people.
Babies above 6 months can be given this without salt.
Always have a word with your pediatrician before offering any new food to your babies.
Please consider the family history of allergies before trying any new food.
This rice stick is usually used in noodle soup recipes as they tend to soften when added to liquids.I just gave a random try and it was really good.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin. If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I will be privileged to share them on my page