This variety of coconut chutney is made in our family for packing during travel. This would stay perfect atleast for two days if you use clean and dry hands and spoon to serve. I prefer this as side dish for idly when i have to travel with my little one.
- Coconut-1 cup grated
- Red Chilly-2
- Tamarind-A Small piece
- Salt-To taste
- Oil-To temper
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tbsp
- Urad dhal-1/2 tbsp
- Curry leaves
- Add coconut,red chillies,tamarind and salt and grind it together.
- When it turns a bit coarse,blend it well and add water.
- Grind it into a smooth paste.
- Heat two spoons oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds begin to crackle add urad dhal and curry leaves.
- Now add the ground paste and saute it well until the water content in the chutney disappears.
- You can see the chutney separated well and almost very dry.
- Cool it and pack it in a separate dry container/parcel sheet.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I am privileged to share them in my page