- Chow Chow-1 medium sized
- Onion-1/2 cup finely chopped
- Green chilly-1 finely chopped
- Tamarind extract-1/4 cup
- Hing-A pinch
- Turmeric Powder-A pinch
- Salt-To taste
- Oil-To Cook
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tbsp
- Urad Dhal-1/2 tbsp
- Curry leaves
- Wash,peel off the chow chow skin and cut them into small pieces.
- In a kadai,add oil and temper with mustard seeds,urad dhal and curry leaves.
- Add green chilly,onion and chopped chow chow and saute them well.
- Add hing and turmeric powder and give quick stir.
- Add water and let the ridge gourd cook.
- When the vegetable is cooked 90%,add tamarind extract and salt.
- Let it boil and stop cooking when it reaches sambar consistency.
- Serve it hot with idly.
You can add more chillies to adjust your taste.
To finish the cooking earlier,you can grate them and cook it in idly cooker before sauting.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I am privileged to share them in my page