EGGLESS WHOLE WHEAT BLACK GRAPES CAKE
Black grapes wheat cake is a healthy and yummy cake. This is very good option to make kids eat grapes. I was thinking of doing a cake and found only banana and grapes at home. Banana is an usual option so thought of trying with grapes and to my surprise it turned out so well. It tastes really different and delicious and moreover it is very very soft. I am happy for ending this recipe as guest post to my friend Kalyani’s kitchenkathukutty blog.INGREDIENTS:
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- Black grapes – 1 cup
- Oil – 1/3 cup
- Milk – 1/2 + 1/4 cup
- Strawberry essence – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tblspn
1. Wash the grapes, cut into two halves and remove seeds. Preheat oven to 180°C and line the baking pan with parchment paper and grease with oil.
2. Sift wheat flour, baking powder and salt together and mix.
3. Take sugar in a mixing bowl, add oil, 1/2 cup of milk,strawberry essence, lemon juice to it. Mix well until sugar dissolves and everything is combined.
4. Add flour to the wet ingredients slowly and fold gently to get a thick batter. Then pour remaining 1/4 cup of milk and mix gently to get batter in dosa batter consistency.
5. Now add chopped grapes to the batter and mix gently. Pour into prepared pan.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean.
7. Let it cool completely then slice and enjoy. Look how soft and cute the cake is !!!
- This also can be prepared with seedless green grapes. The grapes will release water and will look little watery in the area where grapes lie but it does not affect the taste and would be absolutely delicious.
- Vanilla essence can also be added if you don’t have strawberry esssence.
Thanks again Swathy 🙂
Check out all guest posts here
This can be offered to babies above one year(milk & sugar,salt should be avoided for babies below one year)
Please have a word with your doctor before introducing any new food to babies.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I will be privileged to share them in my page