How much would you love to offer your kids a refined flour/sugarless baked product which is so yummy and fluffy? Here is an amazing recipe for spongy eggless whole wheat cupcakes from Shiba Nair. Our today’s post is a guest post from a good friend of mine,Shiba Nair , mother and an amazing cook. Her pictures will tempt you to definitely try her recipes. She took too many efforts despite her tight schedules and personal conditions and provided me with this excellent recipe. Don’t miss visiting her colourful and a very versatile blog http://shibascuisines.blogspot.in
Kitchen Kathukutty is nearing three years completion and I began sending out invites for guest posts to mark my celebrations. I have been inviting guest posts to my blog after publishing 100 recipes to honour all friends and supporters. So here is my personal invite to each of you out there
“I invite pure vegetarian recipes with mushrooms/soya chunks or any healthy baked goodie or any of your family’s traditional recipe. Whoever is interested, please write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with ingredients, detailed recipe and step by step images(at-least one final image). I will be happy and honoured to post the same on my blog. ”
What are you waiting for? If you have a recipe in any of the above categories don’t stop. Just cook, click and mail me 🙂
Yields 12 cupcakes
- Whole wheat flour 1 1/4 cup
- Hung Yogurt at room temperature 1 cup
- Brown sugar 3/4 cup
- Vinegar 1 tsp
- Milk at room temperature 2 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder 1 tsp & a pinch extra
- Baking Soda 1/2 tsp
1. Measure all the ingredients and keep them ready. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together oil & brown sugar until well combined.
3. Then to this add the vanilla extract, vinegar, milk & mix everything together.
4. Then add the yoghurt, little by little & beat everything together until it becomes a uniform mixture.
5. In another bowl sift together flour followed by baking powder & baking soda.
6. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture & beat well for less than 30 seconds.
7. Dust the liners with whole wheat flour. Line your cupcakes moulds with silicone or paper cupcake liners.
8. Fill the moulds with batter up to 3/4th.
9. Bake these cupcakes in the oven for exactly 20 minutes.
10. Once done, take them out of the oven & transfer them to a cooling rack.
11. You will know your cupcakes are done when a skewer inserted into the centre of one of the cupcakes comes out clean.
1. Do not over-bake the cupcakes as they may lose all the moisture in them & become dry.
2. If you plan to store the cupcakes, then you may need to keep them covered in an airtight container.
3. Reducing the quantity of oil/butter will not yield you good results. If at all you don’t want to use 1/2 cup oil, then you may add 1/4 cup oil & 11/4 cup yoghurt (reduce the quantity of oil by 1/4 & increase the quantity of yoghurt by 1/4). This will fetch you the same result as with 1/2 cup oil.
4. The yoghurt needs to be thick & not watery.
5. Once you add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture then make sure you do not beat the mixture too much. Just beat enough to combine all the ingredients together.
6. You can use the same batter to make the basic vanilla sponge cake. It will take around 35 minutes for the cake to be done.
7. My cupcakes were done exactly in 20 minutes. Depending on our oven it may take anywhere between 20-22 minutes. If you are making mini cupcakes, then it may take about 15 minutes. Do not open the door of the oven at least for the first 15 minutes. Frequent opening & closing the door will make your cupcakes crack on the top. After 15 minutes, keep an eye on the oven.
8. Do not let the batter sit on your countertop for a long time once it is ready as the baking soda in it starts to react & your cake will become hard. Pour the batter into the moulds as soon as it is ready.
Eggless Whole Wheat Cup Cakes can be offered to babies above 1 year.
Please have a word with your doctor before introducing any new food to babies.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin. If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me. I will be privileged to share them on my page