Pineapple Kesari Recipe :
The festive season is on and I am sure all of you are gearing up for all sweets and savouries preparation. Here is a simple recipe of the most common pineapple Kesari but with a healthy twist. Yeah! As usual, I have skipped the white sugar.
Since this was my first attempt with rava and jaggery, I had made a small mistake. But I have mentioned the rights steps in the procedure for the perfect recipe. You might find a step image missing. Please follow the procedure given to get the perfect pineapple Kesari. I have already posted two versions of Kesari-Rava Kesari and Wheat Rava Pineapple Kesari
Pineapple Kesari Recipe :
Pineapple Kesari Recipe:
- Rava-1/2 cup
- Jaggery Powder-1/3 cup
- Pineapple-1/2 cup(finely chopped)
- Dry fruits-1/4 cup
- Ghee-2 to 3 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder-A pinch
1. Measure all the ingredients and keep it ready.
2. Roast all the dry fruits in ghee and set them aside.
3. Add the rava and dry roast rava slightly.
4. In a saucepan add 1/4 cup water and add the finely chopped pineapple. Cook till the water evaporates.Set it aside. This step is purely optional
5. Add some water in the same pan(less than 3 tbsp) and add the jaggery powder.
6. Let it melt and keep the jaggery syrup aside. (No single thread consistency required)
7. Now add 1/4 cup water and allow to boil.
8. Add the roasted rava and stir continuously. Ensure that there are no lumps.
9. When it gets cooked add the jaggery syrup, some ghee, the cooked pineapple and stir well.
10. Keep stirring by adding some ghee now and then. In 5 to 10 minutes the Kesari will come out non-sticky.
11. Now add the roasted dry fruits and mix well.
12. Pineapple Kesari is ready.
I added the jaggery syrup directly to the roasted rava and hence it took me a long time. It is not advisable to add jaggery syrup before ensuring the rava is cooked well. So I have included step 7. The image would be missing.
Please add the rava slowly and stir continuously as you add in step 8. Otherwise, lumps will be formed.
You can add raw pineapple pieces too.
Babies above 1 year can be given this.
Be generous is using ghee for easy stirring and super yummy taste.
The jaggery should just melt. No string consistency is needed.
If the jaggery has impurities ensure to filter the syrup.
For babies above below one year, cook with dates syrup instead of jaggery.
Ensure to have eliminated allergies of all individual ingredients before trying this recipe.
Always have a word with your doctor before offering any new food to babies.
Please consider all family history of allergies before trying any new food.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mailbox by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin. If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me via mail(email@example.com)