Vegetable Fried Rice
This was my most favorite choice in restaurants during school days. It was like a treat when dad gets it for me from specific restaurants. Post-school I didn’t have much craze. I had made it around twice in five years including this attempt. Last week I was craving a Chinese meal and I made this on Friday. To my surprise, it came super perfect. I was doubtful as it has been more than 5 years since I tried the fried rice recipe. So our Friday meal for vegetable fried rice with baby corn Manchurian. The below recipe has a very small quantity of soya sauce. I make Whole Wheat Veg. Noodles/Manchurian/Fried Rice once in several months and hence I feel they don’t really make any harm. For kids below 6 one year, please skip all sauces and salt in this recipe. If you would prefer making this fried rice often kindly use a low sodium soy sauce for kids. Come let’s have look at the recipe of vegetable fried rice in restaurant style.
This serves 5.
- Basmati rice-2 cups
- Carrot-1/4 cup
- Onion-1/4 cup
- Beans-1/4 cup
- Green peas–1/4 cup
- Corn kernels-1/4 cup
- Spring onion-1 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Capsicum-2 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Green chilly+garlic paste-1
- Soya sauce-1/4 tbsp
- Vinegar-1/4 Tsp
- Salt-To taste
- Pepper-1/2 tbsp
- Ghee/oil-To cook
1. Measure all ingredients and keep them ready.
2. Soak the rice after rinsing well for 30 minutes in warm water.
3. Steam cook green peas, carrot, beans and corn kernels for 7 minutes.
4. Pressure cook rice in 2 cups of water and fluff it up with a fork.
5. Heat a pan, add oil and saute onion, capsicum, and GG paste one after the other separately.
6. Then add the white part of spring onions.
7. Add a very little amount of soya sauce and vinegar.
8. Reduce the flame and add all fried and cooked veggies. Give a quick stir
9. Add salt, pepper and mix it well.
10. Finally, mix this with the rice.
11. Garnish with spring onion green part.
12. Vegetable fried rice is ready to be served with tomato sauce or any Manchurian