Here is a collection of recipes based on mushrooms or mushrooms as the base ingredient. All of these are guest posts from fellow bloggers and friends. All recipes are healthy and easy to make.I have also written in detail about when babies can be given mushrooms and the nutritional information of mushroom.Come let’s have look at all mushroom recipes.Please click the image to check the detailed recipe.
Mushrooms are neither fruits nor vegetables. It is actually an edible fungus. Not all mushrooms are edible. There are a million varieties of mushrooms in the world of which a very few are actually edible and the button mushrooms are the most common edible variety. It is said that Mushrooms are the only vegetarian source of Vitamin D and mushrooms retain Vit-D even after cooking. Please be careful in choosing the right variety of mushroom and ensure perfection in cleaning and cooking mushrooms. I haven’t cooked mushrooms honestly as it is hard for me to convince my family that it belongs to the vegetarian family. However, I have tasted from my friends and at restaurants. I like mushrooms in white pasta 🙂 If your family eats mushrooms regularly, I guess the below write-up will help you in introducing them to your little ones.
Mushroom For Babies:
- Mushrooms are rich in Vitamin D as stated earlier and it helps in growing a strong bone system.
- It is an excellent storehouse of iron and hence helps in building new blood cells and increasing haemoglobin.
- The immunomodulatory properties of mushroom help in building a healthy immune system
- The biochemicals present in mushrooms help in protecting the liver and researchers even have proved that they have helped in the betterment of liver conditions after liver infections and jaundice
- They have high amounts of Vitamin B, niacin and riboflavin which help in skin health and vision development.